CX-948 = Urethane Glue
For every rubberized safety surfacing, flooring and paver installation challenge there's the CX-948 solution. It is everything you need for the interlocking joints and product-to-sub base installations formulated to protect your safety surfacing, flooring and paver investment for many years to come. The CX-948 is
A patented, light brown, one-component, high strength, high-solid, low-VOC polyurethane-based adhesive that is three (3) times stronger than conventional adhesives, producing overnight bond.
||Replaces solvent based Adhesives for use indoors and out
|Strong and Versatile
||Permanently bonds together almost anything interior and exterior
||Provides excellent coverage
||Stronger than many substrates in joins together
||Provides permanent overnight bonding
|Long open time
||Offers flexibility in repositioning; User Friendly
||Can be applied to frozen, frost-free items
|Broad service temperature ranges
||Suitable for use in hot and cold environments/climates
||Improves worker safety
|Eligible for USGBC = LEED Points/Credits
||Suitable for use in all 50 states……..and internationally
||Meets Industry Standard
Used in all types of climates, the high solids provide excellent coverage over the life of your tile/mat/block/paver investment. There is no shrinking to create loose bonds, or cracking, that is common among other competing products on the market today.
The CX-948 is:
• AFG-01, FHA Bulletin UM-60, ASTM D 3498 approved to meet industry standards.
• ASTM E-84-95B NFPN, Class A and UBC, Class 1 approved to meet industry standards.
• FHA Bulletin UM-60 approved to meet industry standards.
• Lap Shear of 240 – 341 based on sub-base application
- 858 ml cartridges (12 per case, 48 cases per skid/pallet)
- 2- gallon containers (80 containers per skid/pallet)
- 5-gallon containers (36 containers per skid/pallet)
- On metal surfaces, remove scale, rust or other coatings to expose a bright white surface. Aluminum window frames are frequently coated with a clear lacquer that must be removed before the application begins.
- On concrete, or stone, other masonry surfaces, clean by grinding, sandblasting or wire brushing to expose a sound surface free of contamination and laitance.
- On wood surfaces, the surface must be clean and sound. Scrape away paint to bare wood.
Store in elevated temperatures will reduce shelf life. In cool or cold weather; store containers at room temperatures for at least twenty-four (24) hours before using.
The CX-948 bonds well to most substrates, however, it is the user’s responsibility to check the adhesion of the cured adhesive on specific substrates.
1. Apply by caulking gun (usually for product-to-product at interlocking joints both inside the joint and on top - outside edge) or trowel down installations (usually for product-to-sub base when installing the transitional ramps as noted above).
2. Wearing gloves during application is highly recommended. Once material has cured it cannot be removed.
3. Because of the high strength of the CX-948, do not apply it as heavy as you would a conventional adhesive. Cut the smallest possible opening in the spout to render the appropriate-sized bead. Be certain to fill all gaps between materials.
4. Use mechanical fasteners or heavy weights to hold materials in place until adhesive has fully cured.
||Up to 1,000,000
|Working, Open Time in hours
|Weight (lbs, gal, kg/l)
|Flash point, (F, C.)
||250 Degrees (121 Celsius)
||Does not freeze
|Service Temperature (F, C)
||250 Degrees (121 Celsius)
|Slab Temperature (F, C)
||50 to 100 (10 to 38)
The CX-948 forms a tenacious bond overnight. Firm set in 2 to 4 hours; Handle able up to 16 hours, and fully cures in 1-3 days…..weather permitting. This is based on temperatures at 75 degrees F. (24 degrees C) and 50% relative humidity. Cure times vary with temperature, humidity, and the porosity of the materials joined.
Clean all tools and equipment immediately after use with xylene, minerals spirits or acetone. Cured material must be mechanically removed.
For Best Performance:
Wear gloves during application of adhesive/glue. Once cured, material cannot be removed. It is not intended for applications with continuous submersion. If adhesion to a substrate is questionable, a test application must be conducted. Make certain the most current version of the product data sheet and MSDS are being used; call Customer Service at (1-800) 293-9822 to verify the most current versions. Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by Unity personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations only and not for supervising or providing quality control on the jobsite.
|Bead Size (mm)
||Lineal Ft/Gal (M/L)
||Lineal FT Per 313 ML
||Lineal FT Per 858ML
|Recommended: 1/4 (6)
|3 /8 (10)
Typically the tubes will yield 70 sq. ft. when used on interlocks only; and 35 sq. ft. when used on the interlocks and the underside, outside edge of each tile/mat/block/ paver being installed.
The 2 and 5 gallon containers are typically used for the transitional ramps, and yields 50 sq. ft. per gallon.
Store unopened containers in a warm, dry place away from direct sunlight. Storing at elevated temperatures will reduce the shelf life. In cool or cold weather, store containers at room temperature for at least 24 hours before using.
Health and Safety:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Avoid contact with exposed skin, eyes and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid breathing vapors. Use only with adequate ventilation. Use impervious gloves, eye protection and if the TLV is exceeded or used in a poor / ventilated area, use NIOSH/MSHA approved respiratory protection in accordance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations. DO NOT take internally. Keep containers closed. Empty containers may contain hazardous residues. All label warning must be observed until container is commercially cleaned or reconditioned.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTNETION. In case of skin contact, wash affected area with soap and water. If irritation persists, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. Remove and wash contaminated clothing. If inhalation causes physical discomfort, remove to fresh air. If discomfort persists or any breathing difficulty occurs, or if swallowed, SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION by dialing 911 or call us at: (1-800) 293-9822.
45 G/L or 0.38 lbs./Gal, less water and exempt solvents.
Seller makes no warranty; express or implied, concerning the product furnished hereunder other than it shall be of the quality and specifications stated herein. Any implied warranty or fitness for a particular purpose is expressly excluded and to the extent that it is contrary to the foregoing sentence, any implied warranty of merchantability is expressly excluded. Any recommendations made by Seller concerning uses or applications of said product are believed to be reliable and Seller makes no warranty of results to obtain. This data sheet supersedes all previous data sheets for this style and is subject to change without notice.